Some of the best forms of businesses nowadays are the ones that you can start and manage in the comfort of your home and in your free time. The best way to do this is to have digital product ideas that you can create and sell to anyone and anywhere in the world.
We’ve crafted a list of 17 digital product ideas tailored for budding entrepreneurs eager to carve out their niche in the digital marketplace. These ideas are practical, diverse, and most importantly, actionable.
Quick Answer: Digital Product Ideas for Entrepreneurs
- Niche-Specific Online Courses: Tailored training programs catering to specific interests or industries.
- Expert Ebooks and Guides: In-depth knowledge sharing on a range of topics.
- Customized Software Tools: Bespoke solutions for business or personal productivity.
- Exclusive Membership Sites: Members-only content with forums, articles, or webinars.
- Downloadable Templates and Checklists: Ready-to-use documents for efficiency.
- Virtual Reality Experiences: Immersive content for various applications.
- Mobile Gaming Apps: Engaging and diverse gaming options for mobile users.
- Stock Photography and Graphics: High-quality visuals for creative projects.
- Interactive E-learning Platforms: Engaging online learning with interactive elements.
- Digital Fitness Programs: Comprehensive wellness guides and workout routines.
- Virtual Event Tickets: Access to a variety of live online events.
- Podcast Series: Serialized audio content for a range of interests.
- DIY Craft and Art Patterns: Creative project guides for arts and crafts enthusiasts.
- Online Cooking Classes: Culinary tutorials and recipes for all skill levels.
- Meditation and Wellness Apps: Digital sessions promoting mental and physical health.
- Personal Finance Tools: Applications for managing and optimizing finances.
- Automated Marketing Funnel Templates: Tools for creating effective marketing campaigns.
For a detailed exploration of how these digital product ideas can be implemented and monetized, scroll down or read below.
17 Digital Product Ideas
Here are 17 digital product ideas that you can try today to grow your business or to start one.
1. Niche-Specific Online Courses
One of the best digital product ideas in this list is to create your own course. This is because you control anything that goes with it, including the pricing and even the customer support. But, its success will also depend heavily on you and the effort you put into it.
So, if you have any skills or specialties, such as programming computers, cooking, or even photography, you can turn those skills into an online course and help a lot of people who are interested in learning your expertise.
It is a great way to make money passively, but at the beginning stages, it will require a lot of hard work. Some courses even took years to make just so they could perfect them and successfully teach whichever niche they have chosen.
Also, you get to work anywhere and anytime you want and once you finish the digital product, you can distribute and sell it from anywhere in the world, you just have to learn a little bit about marketing and sales.
Here’s how to get started:
- Choose Your Topic: Pinpoint what you’re passionate about and what you can teach.
- Plan Your Content: Outline your course so it’s easy to understand.
- Record the Lessons: Grab a camera or even your smartphone and start filming.
- Find a Platform: Use websites like Udemy or Teachable to host and sell your course.
Once you’ve set up your course, it becomes a product that people can buy at any time. You don’t have to be there to teach it live; students can watch your videos whenever they want, and you’ll still make money. It’s a way to earn income while you’re doing other things, even sleeping!
The best part is seeing the difference you make. When someone learns something valuable from your course, they’ll carry that knowledge with them forever. And all it takes to start is a camera and your expertise.
2. Expert Ebooks and Guides
Ebooks and guides have the same concept as the online courses above, the main difference is the platform or the medium in which you teach your audience the expertise that you have.
This E-book can easily be transferred into a real physical book if you want it to. Once it gains some traction in sales and popularity, you can partner up with a publishing company to handle the physical part of the book, but at the beginning, you should focus on creating the best possible guide inside a PDF file, give it a cover and that is now an E-book.
Here’s a simple way to begin:
- Pick a Subject: What are you an expert in? Choose something you know inside out.
- Write Clearly: Break down your knowledge into bite-sized, easy-to-digest sections.
- Design It: Make it look nice with some basic design tools or hire someone to help.
- Publish Online: Platforms like Amazon Kindle or Google Books make it easy to sell your eBook.
Your eBook becomes a tool that can help people. You write it once, but it can be sold an unlimited number of times, making it a smart way to earn money.
Seeing your name on an eBook or guide you’ve written is pretty special. It’s not just about the sales, it’s about sharing what you know and possibly becoming a go-to expert in your field. Just start typing and see where it takes you!
3. Customized Software Tools
Out of everything on this list, this one is probably the hardest. Learning how to code and understand business at the same time will be challenging. Luckily, there are a lot of resources nowadays that will help you create software without coding.
These tools include Wix for website creation, Apple Pie for creating mobile apps, and Microsoft Power Apps for creating custom business platforms. There are a lot of more tools out there, you just have to research them properly based on the industry you are targeting them.
Your software doesn’t have to be complex. It just needs to work well and offer a helping hand. When someone uses your tool and it makes their day easier, that’s a real win. And if it catches on, that one tool could be your ticket to success. Just start with one idea, and build from there.
4. Exclusive Membership Sites
Starting a membership site could be a great move. This is a space where members pay to get exclusive content, advice, or experiences. But, before you get started with these sites, you have to know specifically what value will you provide to your members.
This can include informational content, entertaining news, or new products and services for the exclusive members. One popular example is Forbes, which has a paywall to access some of their viral and popular content. Another is Patreon where creators, artists, or influencers can post anything they want that their audience wants to subscribe to.
Here are some steps to achieve a successful membership site business:
- Determine Your Offer: What exclusive knowledge or service can you provide?
- Set Up a Site: Create a website with a members-only section.
- Decide on Pricing: Choose how much members should pay for access.
- Add Content Regularly: Keep the site fresh with new and engaging material.
A membership site can build a community around your expertise or interests. It’s rewarding to see a group of people value what you have to say enough to pay for it. Plus, it’s a steady source of income once you have a loyal base of subscribers. Just find that special something you can offer, and build your community around it.
5. Downloadable Templates and Checklists
Everyone needs a little help staying organized. That’s where downloadable templates and checklists can make a difference. They’re like helpful guides for everything from making a grocery list to planning a big project.
Create a bunch of different templates and checklists that help with everyday tasks. People can use them to keep track of what they need to do and feel good when they check things off.
Put them up for sale online, so anyone looking for a way to get more organized can buy them. They’re simple, helpful, and can make someone’s busy life a lot easier. Just make them, sell them, and enjoy knowing you’re helping people stay on track.
6. Virtual Reality Experiences
Virtual reality is like a magic door to new worlds, and creating VR experiences can be just as thrilling as exploring them. These immersive adventures can take people to places they’ve only dreamed of, all from the comfort of their homes.
- Craft Worlds: Build exciting environments or simulations for people to explore.
- Design Interactions: Make the experience interactive with tasks or games.
- Market to Enthusiasts: Reach out to VR communities and showcase your creation.
- Sell on Platforms: Use VR marketplaces to sell your experiences.
By offering VR experiences, you’re not just selling a product; you’re providing a doorway to new adventures. Each creation is a ticket to a virtual journey that can thrill, educate, or relax. Just start building those digital realms and see where they can take you and your customers.
7. Mobile Gaming Apps
Mobile games turn moments of boredom into fun. If you enjoy gaming and have ideas for games people might love, consider developing your own mobile gaming app. It’s a chance to entertain and even connect players from all over the world.
First, dream up a game concept that’s exciting and easy to play. Then, get to work on bringing it to life with some programming. Once your game is ready, share it on app stores. Players download your game, and with every tap and swipe, you could be brightening someone’s day. It’s all about creating joy, one game at a time.
8. Stock Photography and Graphics
Stock photography and graphics fill websites, brochures, and advertisements with life and color. If you have a good eye for photography or design, you can contribute to this ever-growing demand.
- Capture Images: Take photos of diverse subjects that could fit various needs.
- Create Graphics: Design artwork that companies and creators can use.
- Sell Online: Put your photos and designs on stock websites where people shop for visuals.
- Earn Royalties: Make money each time someone chooses your work for their project.
Your visuals could become the face of someone’s brand or the standout piece in a creator’s project. It’s about crafting images and designs that catch the eye and tell a story. Just point, shoot, and upload, your art could travel further than you ever imagined.
9. Interactive E-learning Platforms
Interactive e-learning platforms are changing the way we learn, making it more engaging and accessible. If you’ve got the skills to create educational content, why not build an interactive e-learning platform? These digital classrooms can host a variety of subjects and cater to learners of all ages.
Begin by mapping out a course or subject you’re knowledgeable about and passionate about teaching. Then, develop interactive elements like quizzes, videos, and games to keep learners interested. Launch your platform and students from anywhere can log in and start learning with just a few clicks. It’s a fulfilling way to share knowledge and watch others grow through your efforts.
10. Digital Fitness Programs
Digital fitness programs offer tailored workout and nutrition plans that can be accessed with a simple click. You can start by identifying workout styles that are popular or underserved. Create video content, workout schedules, and diet plans that cater to various fitness levels.
Once your program is polished, promote it on social media or fitness forums. Users can sign up and begin their fitness journey from their living room or local park, guided by your digital expertise. It’s a powerful way to spread health and wellness and see real results in people’s lives.
11. Virtual Event Tickets
By selling tickets to virtual events, you can bring people together from across the globe to share these experiences.
- Plan the Event: Organize webinars, concerts, or workshops that can be streamed online.
- Set Up Ticketing: Use digital platforms to sell tickets to your virtual event.
- Promote Widely: Market your event through social media, email campaigns, and online communities.
- Host and Engage: Run the event smoothly and interact with your virtual attendees.
These virtual gatherings can be as enriching as their physical counterparts, sometimes even more so due to their accessibility. You’re not just selling a ticket; you’re providing an entry to an experience that can educate, entertain, or inspire.
12. Podcast Series
One of the most popular digital product ideas is a podcast. People love hearing about famous celebrities, entrepreneurs, and interesting individuals about how they think or what their opinions are on a specific topic.
Also, because of the rise in platforms that can facilitate these podcasts such as Spotify, YouTube, and Apple Podcasts, there will be more available audience. But, this also comes with massive competition, the key is to be unique and focus on a specific group of people at the beginning to gain some traction.
Here are some steps to get started with your podcast, feel free to watch the video above too, if you are more of a visual learner.
- Choose a Theme: Pick a subject you’re passionate about to discuss on your podcast.
- Record Episodes: Use a good microphone to record your talk sessions.
- Publish Online: Upload your podcast episodes to popular platforms like Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
- Monetize Content: Earn from sponsorships, ads, or premium subscriptions.
With your voice and insights, you can reach into the daily lives of your listeners. Whether they’re tuning in during a commute or while working out, you become a part of their routine. It’s about creating content that resonates and builds a community of listeners.
13. DIY Craft and Art Patterns
DIY craft and art patterns inspire people to create and add a personal touch to their homes or gifts. If you have a talent for design and crafting, sharing your patterns can spark creativity in others.
Start by designing patterns for crafts or artwork that are unique and appealing. These can range from knitting patterns to printable artwork or home decor instructions. Once your designs are ready, sell them through your website or on platforms dedicated to arts and crafts. Customers can purchase and download your patterns, and then get started on their own DIY projects. It’s a delightful way to share your artistic vision and encourage others to make something beautiful.
14. Online Cooking Classes
Cooking is an essential life skill and a passionate hobby for many. By offering online cooking classes, you can help others master their culinary skills right in their own kitchens.
This is one of the most popular niches out there but at the same time one of the most competitive. What you need to do is to level up your marketing strategies. Post more TikTok videos showing your cooking, start a blog to show your users you know what you are doing and share more, and be active on social media platforms, especially Pinterest and Instagram.
- Design Your Classes: Plan lessons that range from basic cooking techniques to advanced dishes.
- Film Your Recipes: Create step-by-step cooking videos that are easy to follow.
- Market Your Classes: Use social media and food blogs to reach potential food enthusiasts.
- Sell Access: Offer your classes as single purchases or part of a subscription plan.
These classes can turn a home cook into a gourmet chef or make cooking less daunting for beginners. You’re not just teaching recipes; you’re giving the joy of cooking and the confidence to experiment with flavors.
15. Meditation and Wellness Apps
Developing an app focused on mindfulness, meditation, or general wellness can be a valuable digital product that promotes mental and emotional health.
To get started, outline various features your app could offer, like guided meditation sessions, mindfulness exercises, or daily wellness tips. After developing the app, you can promote it to a growing audience looking for tools to help them relax and find balance in their hectic lives. By offering this digital sanctuary, you not only build a business but also support the well-being of your users.
16. Personal Finance Tools
Personal finance tools are essential for smart money management. They help people get a better handle on their finances. You can create an app that lets users set up a budget, keep an eye on their spending, and look at how their investments are doing. It’s important to make the app easy to use. This means designing it in a way that lets people find what they need quickly and manage their money without any hassle.
Keeping users’ financial information safe is also key. You’ll need to use strong security measures to make sure all the personal and financial details they enter in the app are protected. This is crucial because you’re dealing with sensitive information.
Lastly, it’s not just about the numbers. Your app should also teach users about managing money. Include useful tips and resources that help them understand more about personal finance. This way, your app isn’t just a tool for tracking finances; it’s a guide to financial literacy and independence. It helps users make better money decisions, understand where their money goes, and plan for a secure financial future.
17. Automated Marketing Funnel Templates
Automated marketing funnel templates provide business owners with a successful blueprint on how to market their products and services and lead them to a page that will entice them to convert and be loyal customers.
There are a lot of aspects that go on to create a great marketing funnel, it must have some testimonials from past clients, easy-to-notice call-to-action buttons, and easy navigation of the overall site.
This business model will only be hard at the beginning when you are creating the templates yourself, but after some time and experience, you will be able to crack the code on how to create a successful one. This will make your customers come back to your templates and even purchase several more for their other businesses.
Related: 15 Ways To Increase Online Presence of Your Business
A lot of people want to start a business but don’t know where to start. Well, the best way is to start one without a lot of commitment. You can’t just put all your eggs in one basket, what if it falls?
That is why these digital product ideas are perfect for beginning, they can learn and fail without that much of a consequence aside from wasted time and few resources, unlike venture back business which will lose millions of dollars if it fails.
The article only listed 17 ideas but there are a lot more, the key is to know yourself, your strengths, and your passion, and then go from there.
As a professional web and software developer, the author possesses a strong foundational background in Computer Science. This equips him with both academic rigor and practical insights into the world of web-based entrepreneurship. As the founder of this platform, webpreneurships.com, he stands at the intersection of technology and business.